Capital Tutor is an established, Ottawa-based tutoring company that exists to serve the unique academic needs and learning styles of our students.
We are committed to creating and maintaining a trusting and caring environment where students are assisted as they enhance both academic and organizational skills as well as develop a positive attitude towards learning. All aspects of Capital Tutor are student-centered. Our tutors actively work together with the learner and the parents in supporting and empowering the student to experience success in learning.
Krupa Majithia B.Ed., PhD., Director
Krupa is a dynamic educator with strengths in assessing student needs and effectively engaging learners. With experience as a high school teacher and a lecturer at the University of Toronto, Krupa is knowledgeable about both students’ learning styles and effective teaching strategies. With a doctorate in the Sciences, Krupa’s strong educational and research background motivates her to continually be aware of new developments in the field of education. Krupa uses her knowledge and experience to find the best tutors and to match the perfect tutor for each unique client. Krupa directs the daily operations of Capital Tutor and her primary goal is to ensure academic success of each student.
Jay Majithia M.Sc., Educational Consultant
Jay is an enthusiastic member of the Capital Tutor management team. His extensive experience in teaching underprivileged women and children in rural communities in India and Tanzania makes him a valuable asset to the company. Jay currently works as a Biosafety Compliance Specialist and is involved in training students in specialized courses at the University of Ottawa. As a consultant to the management team, Jay continues to develop new and successful programs that contribute to the successes of Capital Tutor’s students.
One-on-one tutoring from the comfort of your own home…
Learning is best achieved when the learner is in a comfortable environment. There is no place like home so our tutors come directly to you! This also allows our tutors to help their students set up work areas that are appropriate for learning to take place.
Our Tutors Are Highly Qualified
- Tutors are screened in a thorough interview process by our head office, director of Capital Tutor Inc.
- Tutors are exceptionally responsible and will arrive on time and prepared to maximize each tutoring session.
- Tutors are extremely qualified in their subject areas with varying degrees of experience.
- Tutors will maintain communication between student, parent, and the Capital Tutor administrative team.
- Tutors are up to date with the Ontario Curriculum and continuously consult with ministry guidelines.
- Tutors are enthusiastic and committed to reaching the goals set by the student and parent.
Benefits of One-on-One Tutoring
- 1 Tutors will complete an initial student assessment to determine the students’ specific needs.
- 2 Tutors will plan individual programs (personal education plan) for the specific needs and goals of their students.
See our methodology page for details.
- 3 Students will receive one-on-one attention that maximizes the learning experience.